If you could package your food product any way you wanted, what would it be?
Our facility has undergone and passed the “Food and Non-Food Packaging Materials Audit”. Click here for our certification on this comprehensive on-site 3rd party audit.
The CJK engineering staff can work with you to develop the perfect custom thermoformed food tray or package for display, organization and protection of your food products. Hot, Cold, or Room Temperature – we can help you select the right materials to bring cost-effective, consumer appealing and environmentally friendly food product packaging to market.
To discuss your needs with one of our packaging experts right away, Contact Us today!
When we work with our clients in the development of Food Packaging, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- Low costs for tray design and tooling.
- Customized design details to handle customer food product criteria for positioning, retention and protection.
- Appealing display and branding of the product.
- Maximize product density within the tray for lower storage and shipping costs.
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Efficient tray layout and ease of product retrieval for efficient integration into assembly or use process.
- Clients product and package assembly -manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Consumer or end user appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Nestability of tray prior to use to minimize storage space requirements and costs.
- De-nestability of trays for ease of separation and efficiency in assembly and production processes.
- Text/engraving of corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, pocket numbering, etc. for identification and branding.
- Definition and design development of key tray features to meet client needs throughout the product/tray life cycle.
Package size, type and amount of material used, reusability and recyclability at end of use all have a direct impact on costs. View detailed information on our sustainability processes and efforts.
Materials typically used for Food Trays include:
PETE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, PVC, Recycled, blends, Virgin, FDA Grades available. View complete list of commonly used materials.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available. Various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc.