- Meat and Poultry
- Pet Supplies
- Other Commercial Goods
Traceability and Food Packaging Safety Compliance
Custom Plastic Packaging Capabilities
Whether your clamshell needs are for food or retail, our engineering team can design a custom solution. Hinged, trifold, 2-piece, clamshell designs can all be manufactured using materials made from post-consumer materials that are 100% Recyclable and FDA compliant.
CJK manufactures custom, plastic trays in endless sizes, designs, and materials that can be used to serve any need in the Food and Retail Markets. We specialize in designing and manufacturing trays made from food safe, environmentally friendly, and 100% recyclable materials that meet food and retail safety standards (EVOH barrier film, freezer to microwave, FDA recycled, and recyclable materials).
Custom Packaging for the Food Industry
CJK Manufacturing, LLC has over 25 years of expertise in manufacturing custom packaging for consumer food products. We design and create custom food packaging and in-process food handling products for your specific applications and needs, ensuring food safety compliance, product protection, and cost-effective distribution.
YOUR CUSTOM FOOD PACKAGING EXPERTS
When we work with our clients in the development of food packaging, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- 1.FDA and medical-grade materials available
- 2.Custom designs in quantities of up to tens of millions
- 3.Food and Non-Food Packaging Materials Audit
Available Materials for Food Packaging
We offer multiple FDA Certified materials meeting industry and consumer needs with virgin grades, recycled grades with high repurposed content for environmental sustainability, and barrier laminates for modified atmosphere applications. Commonly used plastic food packaging materials are: FDA Grade PP, PET, PS, and HIPS. View our full list of materials.
Custom Packaging for the Retail Industry
CJK designs and manufactures polymer packaging for retail products. Our design and engineering team can create custom packaging collaboratively designed around your products. The yellow candle you see shows the inside of an innovative, polymer packaging never seen in the retail market before. The candle is protected from all sides, but still allows interested parties to breathe in the soothing scent.
YOUR CUSTOM RETAIL PACKAGING EXPERTS
When we work with our clients in the development of retail packaging, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- 1.Custom designs in quantities of up to tens of millions
- 2.Improved aesthetics, security, and impact resistance
- 3.Embedded logos or other design features in packaging
CJK: A Transparent Vendor with Clear Goals
We’re here to help our customers create the perfect solution for their products. We aim to be as transparent as possible in all of our relationships and create solutions that do well by our clients and employees alike. All of our products are quality made in upstate New York and include the following benefits
- 1.Environmentally conscious; 90% of our products are made from recycled material
- 2.Reduce time and shipping costs; We bring the entire packaging cycle in-house to reduce time and shipping costs
- 3.Award-winning engineering team with decades of thermoforming and packaging design experience
- 4.Packaging products compliant with FDA Food Safety Certification
Thin Gauge In-Line Thermoforming/Vacuum Forming:
- Forming material thickness .010” – .060”
- Using materials virgin & recycled grades of PVC, PETE, HIPS, HDPE, PP, LDPE, plus other engineering-grade materials.
Materials typically used for custom packaging include: PETE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, PVC, PETG, ABS, Kydex, Polycarbonate and others. Recycled, virgin, blends, FDA grade, and medical grades are also available.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available, along with various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc. View our complete list of commonly used materials.
The CJK Process for Custom Packaging
CJK can manage the project from start to finish.
- 1.Evaluate product specifications to generate concept and cost
- 2.CJK creates 3D solid model for initial approval
- 3.CJK machines all molds and production fixtures in-house
- 4.Prototype or 1st article is evaluated and approved
- 5.Full production of final product begins
Sustainability and eco-consciousness are top-of-mind at CJK. Every process and product we create, we do so with the environment in mind.
Unlike paper, which can only be recycled 2-3 times before it loses fiber strength, polymer packaging can be ground, reintroduced, and reformed indefinitely.
We use recycled grade polymer materials in well over 90% of our FDA and retail packaging products. all processing waste is sorted, ground, and returned to polymer processors that reintroduce 100% back into reusable products.