A Custom Plastic Tray (custom use tray) is a customized tray designed to the special or unique requirements of our clients. It can be a thin gauge, single use, recyclable tray or made of a heavier gauge and reused over and over.
Thin gauge insert tray with heavy (thick) gauge carrier tray. Thin gauge insert tray is single use and recycled after use. The carrier tray is reused indefinitely in the process. Both materials are a certified virgin FDA material. Red color is a client specified custom color.
When we work with our clients in the development of Custom Plastic Trays, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- Low costs for tray design and tooling.
- Customized design details to handle customer product and process functional criteria. Considerations for positioning, retention and protection of product as applicable.
- Appealing display and branding of the product as applicable.
- Excellent aesthetics.
- Maximization of product density within the tray for lower storage and shipping costs where applicable.
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Clients product and package assembly -manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Consumer appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Nestability of tray prior to use to minimize storage space requirements and costs.
- De-nestability of trays for ease of separation and efficiency in assembly.
- Text/engraving of corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, etc. for identification and branding.
- Snap-fit features to contain products or keep them from moving to prevent breakage.
Tray size, type and amount of material used, reusability and recyclability at end of use all have a direct impact on costs. View detailed information on our sustainability processes and efforts.
Markets typically used for Custom Use Trays include:
PETE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, Co-Ex HIPS, PVC, PETG, ABS, Kydex and others. Recycled, Virgin, blends, FDA Grade, and Medical grades available. View complete list of commonly used materials.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available. Various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc.