A Counter Display Tray or Shelf Tray is a customized tray used to display, organize and contain packaged product on a counter or shelf. These are often used for point-of-purchase items.
These trays can be packed assembled with the products they are containing for ease of set-up at the retailer when putting the products on their shelves. However, they could also be designed as a more permanent display that is refilled with product as needed.
When we work with our clients in the development of Counter Display or Shelf Trays, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- Low costs for tray design and tooling.
- Customized design details to handle customer product criteria for positioning, retention and protection.
- Appealing display and branding of the product.
- Excellent aesthetics.
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Clients product and package assembly -manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Consumer appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Nestability of tray prior to use to minimize storage space requirements and costs.
- De-nestability of trays for ease of separation and efficiency in assembly.
- Text/engraving of corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, etc. for identification and branding.
- Snap-fit features to contain products or keep them from moving to prevent breakage.
- Graphic backer board support feature. Allows for a graphic board to be attached to the tray.
Package size, type and amount of material used, reusability and recyclability at end of use all have a direct impact on costs. View detailed information on our sustainability processes and efforts.
Materials typically used for Counter / Shelf Trays typically include:
PETE, HIPS, Co-Ex HIPS, PVC, PETG. Recycled, blends, Virgin, FDA Grade, and Medical grades available. View a complete list of commonly used materials.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available. Various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc.