A Component Tray is a tray used to contain, organize, protect, store and move or ship components for product manufacture, assembly or distribution. We are continually developing our list of stock trays designed to maximize distribution efficiency or our engineering staff can develop a custom tray to meet your unique specifications.
When we work with our clients in the development of Component Trays, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- Low costs for tray design and tooling.
- Customized design details to handle customer product criteria for positioning, retention and protection.
- Appealing display and branding of the product.
- Maximization of product density within the tray for lower storage and shipping costs.
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Efficient tray layout and ease of product retrieval for efficient integration into assembly or use process.
- Evaluation of filled tray and box/tote weight for ease of operator handling.
- Clients product and package assembly -manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Consumer or end user appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Nestability of tray prior to use to minimize storage space requirements and costs.
- De-nestability of trays for ease of separation and efficiency in assembly.
- Text/engraving of corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, pocket numbering, etc. for identification and branding.
- Snap-fit features to contain products or keep them from moving to prevent breakage.
- Definition and design development of key tray features to meet client needs throughout the product/tray life cycle.
Package size, type and amount of material used, reusability and recyclability at end of use all have a direct impact on costs. View detailed information on our sustainability processes and efforts.
Materials typically used for Component Trays include:
PETE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, ABS, Kydex, PVC, PETG. Recycled, blends, Virgin, FDA Grade, and Medical grades available. View complete list of commonly used materials.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available. Various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc. Static control (Anti-stat, ESD, Conductive) materials available.
Component Trays are often used in the following Markets: Electronics, Medical, Food/Grocery, Retail, Industrial (Automotive, Textile, Marine, Agricultural, Machinery, Transportation, Government, Lawn and Garden, Electric & Power motors, Hydraulics, Mechanical components, Pumps and Valves, etc.)