The preferred packaging method for:
- Product display, visibility and branding.
- Product containment, organization and protection.
- Security and theft deterrence.
- Cost effectiveness and sustainability.
|Standard face seal blister
sealed to graphic card
|Various face seal blisters|
Stock or Custom Blister Packaging solutions are available in
quantities starting in the hundreds of thousands.
Contact Us for More Information or to Get a Quote
Retail Blister Packs fully encapsulate the product while still providing full or partial product visibility. The typical Blister pack design consists of a formed plastic component (blister) sized to the product either generically or form fitted. This blister includes a perimeter flange and is sealed to a graphic card, usually paperboard. Various styles of the Blister Pack include:
- Face Seal Blister: Standard style blister with standard perimeter flange for sealing to graphic card.
- Full Face Blister: Blister which is designed to be the same or similar size as the graphic card. Generally used to enhance the strength and protect the printing of the graphic card.
- Fold-over or Trapped Blister Pack: There are 2 variations of this style, but both incorporate a graphic card that folds over the blister and “traps” the blister for heat sealing and retail display. Variation 1 uses a standard blister (may have increased flange) which protrudes through a cut out in one half of the graphic card. Variation 2 uses a blister which folds over (similar to a clamshell) and protrudes out of both halves of the graphic card. This variation allows for complete visibility of the product, from the front and back.
- Standing Blister Pack: This is generally a standard blister sealed to a card, but incorporates a “foot” or standing feature at the bottom of the blister to enable it to shelf stand.
Our professional package engineering staff can provide solutions for a custom retail Blister Pack to meet your unique requirements.
When we work with our clients in the development of retail Blister Pack, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits:
- Low costs for packaging and tooling.
- Customized design details to customer product criteria for positioning, retention and protection.
- Appealing display and branding of the product.
- Graphic card requirements.
- Display of the package in the retail setting (shelf standing, peg hook or both).
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Efficient Blister Pack layout for efficient integration into assembly.
- Clients product and package assembly process-manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Consumer or end user appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Client required sealing equipment method.
- Nestability of Blister Pack prior to use to minimize storage space requirements and costs.
- De-nestability of Blister Pack for ease of separation and efficiency in assembly.
- Text/engraving of corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, pocket numbering, etc. for identification and branding.
- Snap-fit features to contain products or keep them from moving to prevent breakage.
- Definition and design development of key Blister Pack features to meet client needs throughout the product/clamshell package life cycle.
Package size, type and amount of material used, reusability and recyclability at end of use all have a direct impact on costs. View detailed information on our sustainability processes and efforts.
Blister Pack Sealing Methods
Contact us for assistance. Blister Packs are typically heat sealed in either manual, semi-automatic or fully automated systems. We can help you select the best option to meet your requirements.
Materials typically used for retail Blister Packs include: PETE, PVC, PETG. Recycled, blends, Virgin, FDA Grade, and Medical grades available. View complete list of commonly used materials.